Discussion

Explanation:

We know that in all there are 8 blue marbles.

Let us first look at statement I.
As per statement I if we are to pull out 17 marbles from the bag, we will ensure that there are at least 3 greeen marbles. Now out of 17 marbles removed, 8 are blue .So from the 9 marbles that are removed, if at least 3 are green, it would mean maximum possible no of red marbles removed are 9-3 or 6.Which means that the red marbles in the bag are 6.However, this statement alone gives us no information about the no of green marbles. Hence statement I alone is not sufficient to answer the question.

Let us next look at statement II.
As per this statement, if we are to pull out 19 marbles from the bag, we would have at least 2 red marbles. Out of the 19 marbles removed, suppose 8 are blue. Now out of the remaining 11 marbles removed, if we have at least 2 red marbles, it would mean that the maximum possible no of green marbles removed is 9.This means that in all there are 9 green marbles in the bag .

Hence statement 2 alone is sufficient to answer the question.

Hence, option (d).

» Your doubt will be displayed only after approval.

Doubts

Feedback

Help us build a Free and Comprehensive Preparation portal for various competitive exams by providing us your valuable feedback about Apti4All and how it can be improved.

© 2024 | All Rights Reserved | Apti4All