Discussion

Explanation:

​​​​​​​

From point 2, Best Ed is better than Cosmopolitan. The grades of the two colleges on F and P are the same. If Best Ed is better than Cosmopolitan, the weightage assigned to R must be higher than that assigned for I.

From point 3, Education Aid is better than A-one. The grades of the two colleges on F and R are the same. If Education Aid is better than A-one, the weightage assigned to I must be higher than that assigned for P.

Therefore we have, R > I > P.

From point 1, High Q is better than Best Ed. High Q has worse grades than Best Ed on F and R and has same grade on P and a better grade only on I. We have already figured out that R > I > P. If a better grade only on I reverses the effect of worse grades on F and R, I must be assigned higher weightage than that assigned for F.

Therefore, we have the following two possibilities:

R > I > P > F or R > I > F > P.

That means R = 0.4, I = 0.3, P = 0.2 and F= 0.1 or R = 0.4, I = 0.3, F = 0.2 and P = 0.1 are the two possibilities.

Using the two possibilities, let us calculate the scores of High Q and Best Ed.

Possibility 1: R= 0.4, I = 0.3, P =0.2, F = 0.1

​​​​​​​

Possibility 2: R= 0.4, I = 0.3, F =0.2, P = 0.1

​​​​​​​

Since High Q is better than Best Ed, possibility 1 is valid and possibility 2 is ruled out.

Therefore, we have R = 0.4, I = 0.3, P = 0.2 and F = 0.1

Now all the questions can be answered.

Hence, option (a).

» Your doubt will be displayed only after approval.

Doubts

Feedback

Help us build a Free and Comprehensive Preparation portal for various competitive exams by providing us your valuable feedback about Apti4All and how it can be improved.

© 2024 | All Rights Reserved | Apti4All