Discussion

Explanation:

Let us check how many people in the grid can reach individuals. Let us do this by moving row wise

Row 1

6 – Can be reached by 1, 2 and 4 in the same row i.e., a total of 3 people
1 – Cannot be reached by anyone
2 – Can be reached by only 1 in the same row on the left
4 – Can be reached by 3 people i.e., 2 and 3 in the same row and 2 in the column below
3 – Cannot be reached by anyone

In a similar way we proceed for the other rows

Row 2

9 – Can be reached by 6, 5, 8 and 7 i.e., of total of 4 people
5 – Can be reached by 1 and 3 i.e., a total of 2 people
3 – Can be reach by 2 and 2 i.e., a total of 2 people
2 – Cannot be reached by anyone
8 – Can be reached by 3 people i.e., 2 and 3 in the same row and 5 in the column below

Row 3

7 – Can be reached by only 3 in the row below
8 – Can be reached 5, 7, 4, and 6 i.e., total of 4 people
4 – Can be reached by only 3 in the above row
6 – Can be reached only by 4 and 5 in the same row and 4, 2, 1 and 3 in the same column i.e., a total of 6 people
5 – Can only be reached by 2 in the same row below

Row 4

3 – Can only be reached by 1 in the row below
9 – Can be reached by 3 and 5 in the same row and 7 & 8 in the row below and above i.e., a total of 4 people
5 – Can be reached by 1 & 2 in the same row and 4 in the row above
2 – Can be reached only by 1 in the same row

Row 5

7 – Can be reached by 1 and 6 in the same row i.e., a total of 2 people
6 – Can be reached by 5 in the row above and 3 in the same row. i.e., a total of 2 people
3 – Can be reached only by 1 in the row above
9 – Can be reached by 3, 6 and 7 in the same row and 2, 5 and 8 in the rows above i.e., a total of 6 people

Looking at the table we can see the person having height 2 m in the 1st row, people having height 7 m, 4 m and 5 m in the 3rd row, people having height 3 m and 2 m in the 4th row and the person having height 3 m in the 5th row i.e., a total of 7 people can be reached by only one person.

In row 1, the maximum number of people who can reach a particular individual is 3, which is for the person with height 6 m and for the person with height 4 m. So statement (1) is false.

Row 3 does not have any individual who cannot be reached by anyone. Hence statement [2] is false.

In row 1, person with height 6 m and person with height 4 m can each be reached by 3 people. In row 2 people with height 5 m and 3 m can each be reached by 2 people.

In Row 3, people with height 7 m and 3 m can be reached by only 1 person. In Row 4, people with height 3 m and 2 m can be reached by only 1 person. In Row 5, people with height 7 m and 6 m can be reached by 2 people each. So in each row we have 2 individuals who can be reached by an equal number of individuals.

So statement 3 is true. Individual with height 9 m in row 2 can be reached by 4 people.

Hence, option (c).

» Your doubt will be displayed only after approval.

Doubts

Feedback

Help us build a Free and Comprehensive Preparation portal for various competitive exams by providing us your valuable feedback about Apti4All and how it can be improved.

© 2024 | All Rights Reserved | Apti4All